Thursday, July 1, 2010

a piece of the past

This is a poem I pulled off my blog from high school. At the time I took it down (well made it private at least) because a friend thought it was scary. Truth? It wasn't about suicide (as I tried to explain at the time). Even at my lowest lows I never wanted to miss out on the chance things might get better and I was never selfish enough to see that as an out even if I did. What it's about is letting out everything on the inside no one wants to see, even if you know it's going to change things. Also... I was 15 and maybe just a smidge overdramatic... Just saying it's not impossible. ;)

Either way, I hope it'll serve as a little inspiration for me as I start.


Dreaming
Slit wrists and bleeding
All over your perfect world

The most amazing colors I’ve ever seen
Vibrant and wonderful
I thrill to think this is what flows through me

Covering the floor, the door, the walls
Painting over the grey that is most familiar
This is my life flawed and incomplete
But at least it's pure truth

I would like to apologize though
While I still have the chance
Knowing the stains will never come out
Marring the image you work so hard to present
Someone must always pay the price
There’s no such thing as the flawless escape

No comments:

Post a Comment